Dinner time can be a challenge. Let’s face it after a long day of working, errands, and taking care of the kids cooking is the last thing I want to do. I’m always on the search for an easy, fast, and healthy meal.
One of my favorite go to meals, and my sons favorite, is adapted from Oh She Glows 15-Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta. Anyone can eat this despite food or allergy restrictions. It’s vegan, soy free, nut free, refined sugar free, and can be gluten free if you use gluten free pasta or zoodles. Our garden is full of zucchini right now, and I love adding in the extra serving of veggies. Did I mention cleanup is a breeze? All it requires is a cutting board, food processor, and a pot for the noodles.
Bonus: 2 meals in one! This is also great the next day, and I always pack the leftovers in my kids lunch .
- 7 ounces uncooked pasta of your choice
- 1 zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 c. basil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta per instructions on the package.
- Use a spiralizer to make zucchini noodles or thinly slice zucchini.
- While the pasta cooks make the sauce:
- Peel and chop garlic.
- Add it to the food processor with basil and pulse to chop.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, and process until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides and add in a touch more (1 tsp – 1 tbs) oil, lemon juice, or water to thin.
- Drain the pasta, return it to the pot, and add in zucchini. The heat from the noodles and pan will slightly cook the zucchini. Add in the avocado sauce, and stir to combine. Serve immediately.